Tuesday 24 June 2008

Recuperation


Well, I went completely "red shoes" over the weekend with the art... I had to tear myself away and hurl myself into bed so's to get up the next morning. So I've had to give myself a little rest... but not totally. I'm making the first tentative little steps into a sneaky side-project which will be a little matchbox shrine to the Tibetan Buddhist deity Tara. She has a reputation for being able to solve the impossible, and since Tibetan buddhism is my main path and I have one or two nearly impossible things that need solving I thought one of these shrines would be cool to make. Here's the beginnings of it... (wish I could take better photos!!) but I think it'll be a bit of a long project as I don't yet have time to get some of the things I want to put in, like pearl stickers and sparkly gold paper. I'm also thinking of making a rubber stamp for the seed-syllable "TAM"... the cover will close at the side with button and loop eventually. I'm scratching my head over that one, eyelets seem rather big to use but just making a hole with a needle doesn't seem secure enough. If anyone has any ideas do tell me please!

No comments: